Monday, February 20, 2006

Anonymity, Take II

At the same time, it's kind of a good idea to have a place to voice opinions where you're not scared of getting penalized by the powers-that-be. So, maybe you should start an anon. blog too.
- Danny G in the comments section

I recently suggested to someone to start a blog, but to be very careful not to tell anyone the URL, as otherwise they wouldn't be able to write anything in it. I then realized that I was contradicting what I had written about anonymity. But after thinking it over, I realize there are two types of bloggers: Those who need to be anonymous, and those who don't. Those who do, are, on the one hand, afraid of getting penalized by the powers-that-be; while, on the other hand, they have a strong need to express themselves. (It's interesting that the powers-that-be could be one's classmates, one's parents, one's Rosh Yeshiva...)
Those who don't need to be anonymous - are like me. Not afraid of getting penalized, and don't have a strong need to express themselves.

5 Comments:

Blogger defen said...

And those like me? [grin]

20/2/06 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont mean this in a nasty way, but if you dont need to express yourself, what are you doing here.

20/2/06 4:27 PM  
Blogger MYG said...

defen: You are not anonymous, but no one knows what you are talking about, so it's as if you were.

anonymous: Good question. I don't need to express myself - everything I write here I say anyway. I'm just expanding my audience.

20/2/06 4:44 PM  
Blogger onlyajew said...

Wow...brave soul...

Writes nothing and critics those that are trying to make a difference and change the status quo you obviously endorse. I ask you as you blast UOJ-do you really think the frauds he has exposed would have been caught if he did like you and played parve??

Attack the messenger-you are just like the cowards you protect and have gotten us in this mess in the first place-take a stand a be accountable!!!!!!

Your arrogance is embarassing and laughable at the same time....

TAKE A STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

21/5/07 2:17 PM  
Blogger MYG said...

Hey, pot, you are accountable?

21/5/07 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home