Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mistakes Happen...

A weekly made one this week. It printed an ad which played on a very inappropriate expression. I don't doubt that this was a mistake made by an unworldly copy editor. I don't fault him/her. I do fault the store that composed the ad, and I hope to see a very contrite retraction/apology very soon. People don't understand that notwithstanding the 21st century, Internet and all the modern influences, Lakewood is still a very conservative town. Antagonize your customer base at your peril.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about????

5/2/06 11:15 PM  
Blogger MYG said...

The astute reader may have noticed that I deliberately did not elaborate on the situation. I see no reason to share dirt. If you know, then, well, you know!

5/2/06 11:20 PM  
Blogger Phillip Minden said...

In case you refer to an ad of a big European power supplying company, the ad itself was only a bit strange at most, but all in all harmless - only the combination with an article created the terrible meaning. If I've understood it correctly, the galley proofs were checked without the ads up to now. They changed that. Goes without saying that the editors formally and sincerely apologised. As you say, mistakes happen.

6/2/06 5:12 AM  
Blogger MYG said...

Nope. Not that.

6/2/06 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home