Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Internet Gemach

Many Lakewooders who do not have Internet access use the local library's Internet facilities when they need to buy an item, use MapQuest, or research something. It is, arguably, not a good thing to go to the library, and I know from conversations with library personnel that they find it strange that so many Jews use the Internet post-ban. It's time for an Internet Gemach - where people who need something online can come and look for it, without going to the library. For what it's worth, anyone who needs to look something up can call me and I'll be glad to help. My phone number is in the phonebook (and online, of course), and you can email me if you want my cell phone number.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rafi G. said...

what if theyhave internet, but prefer for you to do the work for them? will you also conduct my searches?

14/5/08 1:50 AM  
Blogger MYG said...

Give me a call and we'll talk.

14/5/08 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hyperlink of the word 'internet' to the W3C homepage promotes an unfortunate misconception that the internet is equivalent to the world wide web. The former predates the latter by several decades, and even today, a great deal of internet traffic consists of protocols other than HTTP.

15/5/08 7:37 PM  
Blogger MYG said...

That's true, but if I had linked to www.darpa.mil, only you would have known what I was referring to. :-)

15/5/08 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home